Friday, January 28, 2011

Hey baby, what's your sign?

Yes, that title should definitely be followed by a very intricately hand pieced and quilted cosmetics pouch!  If a guy ever tried to pick me up with a quilt-related line, I'd be his for sure~ (of course, I'm not on the market, remember the hubs did get me a Janome for Christmas...)
 No, but the real reason for my cheesy title.. birthdays.  Not mine (I'm Sagittarius, btw), but my friends.  Do you have several friends with birthdays close together?  I totally do, and I realized at some point that it must mean that I get along well with Aquariuses, Libras, and of course, other Sags.  Last weekend, I had two special birthdays-- my grandma (who got the pouch above at long last-- I started it in 2004!), and Shannon, who got the pillow below (made from the some of the scraps she sent me).

So what do me & the Aquariuses like about each other?  apparently, according to Glamour.com,

"Both of you are individualists and can't stand stuffiness. You understand each other and don't ask for more than you should."  So true. 
The site is fun, click away if you've got time, trying out all your relationship combos.  When I put Capricorn (Costas) and Sag (me), this is what I got:
"This friendship will find you shaking your head in disbelief. You have too much common sense to put up with Sagittarius's freewheeling ways. "  hahaha.  Too bad he doesn't believe in horoscopes, that one's spot on.

And now that I'm home safe and sound, I thought I'd post a progress shot of TQ#3.  All but the 6 on the bottom were pieced and joined in and around the Chicagoland area.  Not bad really, for a 2 week trip.  The last few nights I was there though I was totally getting bored of the fabrics I had brought with me.  And I realized I hadn't packed any purples.  How random, but the first thing I did when I got home was to cut some :)
I've tucked it away again and moved on to a bigger project with a deadline (the end of winter), so stay tuned, I'd like to see it done before the NYC Metro mod meeting next weekend, and I'm sure you would too ;)

4 comments:

  1. YOUR HOME! YIPPEEE! See you Saturday! home sweet home! You did get a lot done on your stars! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! I'ld like to see what you have brewing for the Metro Mod meeting! I'm white knuckling it to see if I get mine done. I guess I should get off the computer then right? hahaha. See you Saturday. oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the astrology site. I checked mine, and it is so true. Fun, too!
    Your cosmetic pouch is so lovely. Prettiest tumblers I've ever seen...and all by hand, too. Lucky Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cosmetic bag is great! I have many of those prints in my stash. :) I like the big stitch quilting too.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...