Thursday, August 4, 2011

Insane!!

that's how I feel right now.  After reading lesly's post about talkin' tuesdays and they fun they've been having, curiosity got the better of me and I clicked the link to Twitter
Oh no.  I so did not need to do that.  I have been living a very full life without tweeting about it for 31 years.. but I got sucked in.  or, well, I'm in the "overwhelmed" stage, as they say.

So quick, help.  Do you tweet?  How does it all work?  How long til I make sense of it all?

And how do I get this photo to be my profile pic?
It doesn't seem to let me crop the pic down the way facebook does. 

Ok, deep breath, I know I'll figure it out eventually.  (So much for the 3 quilts I wanted sandwiched and quilted before the end of the month) 

Why do I feel like that girl at the party whose friends just pulled her unwillingly onto the dance floor?
If you are on twitter, please tell me who you follow..

8 comments:

  1. I don't twitter...I just opened a Facebook account today, so I have that to figure out...I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!! Nope, I avoid Twitter. It annoys me. But maybe I'm just an old fogey at 42. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyn~
    that's how I felt! until cool quilt bloggers that I respect started talking about how much fun they were having over there, with other quilters.. and I'm not one who wants to be left out of a quilty party...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I have a twitter account, but haven't really used it. I have no idea what I'm doing! Don't teach me!!! As it is I read too many blogs and do't sew enough. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a FB addict and now that I have a blog I am looking at everyone's life there, too! I just can't tweet along with it!! Wow the world has just gone way to plugged in!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Twitter is fun! I also follow a lot of geeky academic stuff as well as quilty stuff, so it's always good for some interesting reads. Not to mention Talkin' Tuesdays - they are a riot. I have not jumped into #gdas (Get Drunk and Sew) on Fridays yet, however.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower to your blog here. *wavin'* I'm on Twitter & FB. I keep FB for my "family" stuff but and Twitter for my ME stuff like quilting. I've been to Talkin' Tuesdays. I haven't done #gdas either. Unfortunately, my #talknt time has been shortened too. My urchins have been keeping me busy. Talkin' Tuesdays is a good place to meet people really. Pat Sloan, Cara (host of #talknt)& Kimberly Jolly (Fat Quarter Shop) are a few of the pals I've made. It's a fun time.

    Hey, a lot can be said in 140 characters y'know. :-) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun...I have a twitter account but have never used it. I seem to have some kind of block about it :( If you have managed to figure out how to play on twitter, I'd love to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...